Sunday, March 15, 2009

Week in Review with Photos

I welcome you to join me in a few photos that represent this week:

Here is Scot in his new scout uniform, holding the arrow his cubmaster made when he earned his Arrow of Light. Brian is the 11 year old leader in our ward. They have been having fun together along with the other 2 scouts in the patrol. This week's highlight occurred after scouts: the boys got their "good turn" in when they helped a guy who ran out of gas. BTW, nice new glasses, Scot! James escaped getting glasses yet another year; Maggie is begging for an exam. When I was her age there was nothing I wanted more than glasses & braces. What could I have been thinking!?!





Do you think Paul needs a hair cut? This has been on our list for about 2 months now & we finally broke down and did it.















Paul was so excited to sit on the barstool (yes, that gut is the real thing), feeling very grown-up & special until...


















..he realized what was going on! Despite the initial tears he sat very still & let me hold his head so Brian could trim. He deserves a medal, or at least a huge bowl of Cheerios (which he would definitely prefer), for being so good. Scot and James never sat like that--which can be proven by all the lousy haircuts they've received over the years.

End result: thumbs up!













Our final photo stop is in the garage. We are really excited about having a garden (and actually growing plants, not just the trying to grow part).

We've decided to have a few boxes dedicated to the square-foot gardening approach. We made three 4x4 boxes & one 2x2 deep box. Sometime in the next week we'll start some seeds inside since it's too early to plant outside still. The kids have picked their veggies & are planning their areas.












That's all the pictures I have, but some other things that have happened since the beginning of March are...
  • going to the weekly playgroup at the church gym (I shoot hoops while the kids play)
  • getting a stellar report from Maggie's kindergarten teacher (Maggie is now reading at a 2nd grade, 10 mo. level)
  • visiting teaching & delivering a dinner--always a joy:)
  • receiving a tortilla via frisbee pass at dinner from Brian & refusing to accept a similar pass from James (in my defense I asked him to pass the taco meat)
  • watching Paul laugh at his own jokes (sorry all you dead-pan artists, Paul will need some serious training)
  • finishing the Harry Potter series & then checking out the movies from the library (actually just #4 and #5)--now that I've dissected & analyzed every part of the story I might be able to move on with my life
Hope you all have a great week. Thanks for all the birthday wishes:)

1 comment:

andrea said...

Sara, this is a great week in review. It gave me a great chuckle as I am getting my life back to reality.

A couple of comments...
1-Paul's new hair cut is darling.
2-I think James toss of the tortilla is cleaner then a toss of meat.

love you, thank you for the post.

andrea