Valentine's Day...

Roasting tomatillas...
School musicals...
February has been our month of spread out love. Scot's 5th/6th grade musical was a huge success. I was really impressed with the story line--good teaching for the kids, easy for them to perform, fun for parents to watch. Amy went with me the first night--she enjoyed the clapping. Maggie got to go with Brian for the final performance. She took a nice pictures of Brian taking a pre-show snooze (I chose not to post the picture; I'm sure you can use your imagination).
The kids enjoyed their school Valentine parties. I had to take James' cards to school since he forgot them. Maggie really enjoyed making valentines for every person she knows and is very sincere in her love. I'm sorry if you didn't receive one--there are only so many pieces of paper that I can handle floating in this house. She addressed all her own school valentines, but the kids at school helped her hand them out since she took them on the last day possible.
This week my project was going through clothes and changing sizes. I need to invest in knee patches. James didn't have one pair of pants without holes and Scot's weren't much better. Amy was very sad to see her rose dress in the "too small" pile. She would wear that dress everyday if she could. Perhaps now you can understand why it is in the pile.
Yesterday I attended an incredible training session for scout leaders in Central Ohio--our area's Little Philmont. President Dalquist, YM General President, presided. What an amazing leader and example of scouting spirit. The whole day was full of insight and inspiration, but my highlight was getting to sing "Back to Gilwell" with Pres. Dalquist as an antelope after a woodbadge bead ceremony. I realize this probably means nothing to you, but when the day comes that you are called to lead the youth in scouting, you'll understand why it was a great privilege for me.

3 comments:
thanks for the great recap!!! how was scot involved in the play? singing? dancing? backstage?
Scot was a part of the chorus. They had some fun songs with vaudeville antics. He's definitely improving on his stage skills. I think I even saw a smile this time.
Charlotte says,
Scot is a man of many talents. Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment