A few weeks ago Maggie informed me of her intentions for the future. She figures she'd like to be a mom in the mornings and a ballet teacher after lunch. Then when the kids are asleep she'll be an artist. I'm guessing she'll need to reassess these plans now that she's interested in learning how to make calculators when she grows up. She realized she had this dream when she found a little calculator Grandma Charlotte had given to the kids a couple years ago and discovered she could take it apart. I asked her if she also wanted to work on computers. She said, no, but she was impressed that Brian could take one apart.
Maggie is getting really good at reading. I'm anxious for my parent-teacher conference with her teacher next week. Maggie will read a "Magic Tree House" book all by herself, and she is reading her own scriptures for family scriptures. At night I've been reading The Secret Garden to the girls, although they'd much rather read about "My Little Pony." :) I'm grateful that the boys have set a good example of reading for her to follow.
1 comment:
it sounds like Maggie has a wonderful life ahead of her...full of new things.
I think the great example of reading comes from her parents and her brothers. You and Brian have done an amazing job teaching your kids.
Post a Comment