Kudos to the Nielson family that actually
planned how to celebrate Easter this year instead of waiting until Saturday morning to realize nobody had decorated & the eggs weren't dyed yet (yes, we are that Nielson family). We had a lot of plans and were able to execute most of them. Friday morning we dyed eggs. Our experiment with eggs was creating "hidden message" eggs. Scot and I blew out the eggs and dyed them, then set them out for the Easter Bunny to leave a message for each of the kids. Next year I think we'll expand this and create secret messages for each other as well. (Side note: the easter bunny was not very creative in his messages...perhaps he hadn't anticipated this added task when he came to hide eggs.)

Maggie checking her egg.

Paul pushing the chair over to the counter so he was not left out of the egg dyeing. I finally gave up after putting the chair back every 2 minutes and decided he might as well help as well. What's a little dye...
everywhere? (see below)


Eggs in progress...oohh...aahh
One other fun project was making easter basket cupcakes. We opted out of the colored coconut "grass" for Amy's sake, but I think they turned out just as cute.

Two more posts are in the works: Easter morning & our Spring Break adventures. I had a lot of fun with the kids this week. I'm sad to send them back to school tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment