Thursday, April 23, 2009

Waiting for Maggie

Amy & Paul & I enjoy waiting for Maggie to get off the bus. When it's cold & stormy we look out the front window, but when it's nice we wait on the front step and watch for the bus. Amy looks for her "little robin friend," like the one we are reading about in The Secret Garden. Paul points at flowers and birds and runs through the grass. Today while we were waiting I told Amy that we only had three white daffodil flowers left; all the yellow ones had gone away. She nodded knowingly, so I asked her to show Paul where they were. He followed as she walked toward the flowerbed near the mailbox, but when they reached the spot she didn't stop. She walked around the bed, stopped, and pointed right to three dandelions that had gone to seed. Paul nodded in agreement: yes, there were only 3 white flowers left.

Also, I keep forgetting to write about James' amazing luck at finding 4 leaf clovers. He found his first one on the way to the park during Spring Break. And, yes, it was lucky because he found a quarter in the parking lot. Today he found 2 more in our yard. Guess we live in the right place! (Plus he's an amazing kid.)

No comments: