Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Do or Die

I was determined to finish the girls' room today. A few mess-ups & cover-ups later, I'm calling it complete (I'm not counting the closet shelves). Here's what we did:


Grandma Nielson made beautiful quilts for the girls. We started painting the walls a beautiful "Celtic Gray" to match while they were here last month. Brian installed a ceiling fan.


Closet door was thrown out. A new curtain creates a "dressing room," as Maggie likes to say.



New trim, electric plates, curtain, & blinds installed. The window was washed, but Paul made sure that was put back in order.


The only different here is the books are organized. :)

Finally, I made this cloth pennant modeled after one I saw at Target. Used a few scraps & filled in an empty wall.

We are all very happy with the result. And really happy that is it done! The rest is up to the girls.

"Sure, Mom, we'll keep it clean."


4 comments:

april said...

Very cute! Lots of hard work!

Kristin said...

Sara it looks great!!!!

andrea said...

The room looks so cute. I love the wall color and dressing area.
Great Job!

Anonymous said...

Super cute I love the room. I am very glad that you are now a pro and can come help put my girls room together. I may have to copy the dress-up area. I love the visual of your house. keep pictures coming. When do we get to see you next?