Sunday, August 2, 2009

The One That Got Away


All the rain these last couple weeks has given me the necessary excuse of avoiding the garden. Unfortunately, besides not weeding & watering, I also did not look closely for zucchini. This one takes the prize for the biggest one yet. Brian made this deal with the kids: whoever could eat just one zucchini by themselves wouldn't have to eat any more for the rest of the season. Then he showed them which zucchini they'd have to eat. No takers, but they are all very excited to turn this one into zucchini bread--and lots of it.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

e Dad said...

Wow how fun. Im glad we do not compete in this catagory. They would end up even bigger.

Lauren said...

i can remember similar zucchini from my childhood - good tactic Brian

april said...

I have 4 of those on my porch! I am on 6 loaf of bread and I make zucchini pancakes too.