Monday, August 31, 2009

Sweet Honey of a Summer

Brian & the boys (minus Paul) got home from DC where they were helping Lauren & Ryan move. Not all of the Cheez-Its from the car ride were eaten & they became our afternoon snack. I came into the kitchen & what did I find? Paul up on the counter, dipping Cheez-Its into a bowl of honey. He thought that was quite tasty!

I'm glad everything got moved in. It would have been fun seeing everyone, but I'm glad at least half of us got to go and help. And thanks for not telling me about the bump on James' head until after he got home.

We are looking forward to a full week of school, with all the associated homework. As a recap of summer and a hope that summer will again return, I wanted to do a quick list of some of the things we did:

We dutch ovened:



We gardened:



We watched movies:


We swam:


We canoeed:



We camped:



Summer, we welcome you in 10 months. Give us a year to grow up--but not too much.

4 comments:

Jason said...

Sounds like a fun summer! Brian- I have you to thank for my dutch oven madness (although I'm not as bad as you with your 5 ovens!).

Jason

Unknown said...

Jason-

Six are visible in the picture (include the one Paul is holding); which is about 1/2 of the collection.

We should find a place to meet and camp one of these years.

e Dad said...

It is good to recap the activities, and you are so wise to recognize they grow up, and wish that it isn't too fast.

andrea said...

I LOVE the picture of Paul holding the dutch oven. It looks like his fingers are getting pinched.

I also love the recap...it looks like a wonderful summer. I can't wait to see everyone this Christmas and hope we get to schedule some family time next summer.