Saturday, October 17, 2009

Annoying? Too bad.


A few phrases have surfaced this week that I thought you all might enjoy. Most of them are Paul's, but I couldn't resist adding something from Maggie.

Paul is improving his social skills. Now instead of just saying "no," he answers with a polite "no, thank you." Does this mean he gets out of putting his coat on, washing his hands, or going to bed? "No way" --which unfortunately has also become a possible response.

One morning I was brushing Maggie's hair for school. This is never a pleasant experience for her. Snarls are just not fun. She and Amy had been playing and talking on their way up to my room where all the hair stuff is kept. Maggie settled on the chair and I started brushing her hair. Immediately Maggie's mood changed and she turned to Amy: "You just keep talking and talking and talking!! It's really annoying me!!" If only I could use this phrase as well.

With all the older kids in school, Amy and Paul have been having fun hanging out together. On the way to swim lessons at the YMCA they were telling each other knock-knock jokes. Paul liked to summarize the whole joke by saying "knock, knock...banana who! hahahaha!" At least Amy waited for a "who's there?"

A final phrase from Paul. I really hope I didn't inadvertently teach it to him, because it drives me crazy!! I thought "no way" was bad, but this taunting, teasing phrase is way worse. Ask Paul to clear his plate or put his blanket away, he might respond with a smirk and a "too bad!"

In Paul's words, I'll "be right back" with some new posts this week about my mom's visit and our trip to Kirtland. "See you later."

1 comment:

andrea said...

what a great post! I laughed the whole way through. It always amazes me what your kids pick up on, they are so smart. It's just the beginning with Paul.

Good luck.