Thursday, October 1, 2009

September Highlights

Our highlights for September:

  • Chipper/shredder marathon weekend. Scot's the one in the chair "observing." --no flash photography, please.
  • Labor Day family hike. I think I'm finally recovered.
  • We enjoyed dinner and ice cream with my brother, Erin.
  • I met all the kids' teachers at the school.
  • I took an impromptu drive with Amy & Paul to D.C. area for Quinn's baby shower. Hated to give up the rental car.
  • Brian & Scot attended the Stake 11-year-old Scout Day Camp.
  • Two friends helped celebrate James' birthday with a trip to the movie theater. The popcorn shaped cake failed, so we just stuck cake & ice cream in popcorn bags. The kids all took turn destroying a party hat pinata, and goodie bags with microwave popcorn & candy were sent home in popcorn bags.
  • Paul practiced to hit James' pinata. He overcame many obstacles, most of them being his hat.
  • Brian and I went to the Louisville Temple and were actually able to attend a session.
  • Maggie turned into Nannie McPhee. She did finally lose the other front top tooth. Not sure if the Tooth Fairy has made it here yet.
  • We bought a tree for the front yard. We'll get around to planting it in October.
It was pretty busy around here, getting through the first month of school and transitioning to fall. We are looking forward to General Conference and a long list of items to accomplish between sessions.

2 comments:

e Dad said...

I always enjoied Maggie MacPhee. I'm glad all are well and happy. I liked Pauls call till he hung up on me.

Anonymous said...

love the pictures. Scott wants to hike like that with the girls, I am not as good of a trooper:) Count down to Christmas.