Monday, March 8, 2010

Big Boys and Girls

I love when Paul takes a nap. His little body definitely needs it. He spends all his waking minutes jumping, slashing, hopping. Unlike me, the more he tires, the more active he becomes. Usually I realize we've past his sane point way too late. Out of control (usually in the middle of the grocery store) it dawns on me: you need a nap!

I only wish he could wake up like Amy used to wake up. She would wake up so happy, every single day. Paul wakes up happy, but somewhere on his walk downstairs (after calling from the top stop "I had a good rest!", it hits him: wait a minute...Mom made me take a nap... & even though I feel much better... she must suffer!

Today I thought I could distract him, but my technique backfired. I told him he couldn't cry 'cause it was my turn. Wah-ha-ha. Boo-hoo-hoo. Well, he told me I couldn't cry because mommies and daddies don't cry. Then Amy backed him up and confirmed that this was the truth. Mommies and Daddies never cry.

Just you wait.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

they should spend some time in my house - mommies definitely cry! especially with a few hormones involved!