Sunday, June 26, 2011

Pushing Daisies

 I mentioned earlier this week that our daisies were beginning to explode. They are amazing, and quite their own little ecosystem.  Strong, resilient, beautiful, simple, sometimes overpowering :), there are lots of lessons to be learned from them. If I had to complete the Environmental Science merit badge, I'd sit and watch all the bugs & bees that explore our daisy forest.  And when they get too proud and haughty, they are properly humbled by a good cutting. I especially love that they came from grandpa's garden in California. They remind me of family, heritage, and a pioneer spirit. I love 'em!

 I asked Scot if he would help me get a picture of the daisies. He's usually running or working, so the littler kids get in the pictures. Notice what happens below when he finally gets that spotlight:


Very telling, don't ya think? Mmm...I've sure there's a subconscious message I should be getting from this.

We are going to miss him the next couple weeks--he'll be at a couple different scout camps. He thinks we're just going to miss him doing his chores, but that's only partly true. :)

No comments: