Monday, June 13, 2011

Waiting for the Perfect Day

The perfect day has been a long time in the waiting. Like all the crazy heat/cold/tornados/rain that have been around the country, we've all but skipped any perfect days. Today was well worth the wait. :) We were finally able to work in the yard without breaking a sweat (by just stepping out the door) and hike a bit at Woodland Mound.

Our first choice was the Nature Center, since we don't go very often. However, upon arrival, we learned that Modays are not longer free (an obvious result of not going very often). I wouldn't pay the fee. Not really sure what my moral delimma was...but I wouldn't pay it. I probably spent the same amount in gas driving to Woodland Mound!

These pictures are from a different hike, early in May, but along the same Seasongood Trail. Today Scot ran the trails, meeting us at different spots, Maggie was the "leader" (her own designation and not received well by anyone else), and the rest of us ran in spurts. It was definitely completed in record time, but the cool, calm beautiful just kind of lifted us over the hills and through the prairie.



We also explored the Seasongood nature center a little more. They have some fun (and educational) things. And, of course, we finished up with the playground.

So excited for this perfect day. I'm going to use the rest of it baking bread and making cookies.

No comments: