Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Grown-up Amy

The next few posts will be about Amy. We have a lot of fun together while the others are at school. And while her 3-year-old-ness seeps into all she does, her love and sweetness expands way beyond her few years.

Today we went to the salon.

The stylist was able to cut off just 10 inches of wavy brown hair, which we'll send to Locks of Love. Now my long haired, blue-eyed baby girl (which I would never say to her directly because Paul is obviously the baby) is a short-haired with one dimple little girl. I think it's adorable, but my heart nearly fell to my feet while I watched all that hair being cut off. I had to remind myself that cutting it wouldn't be any good if we couldn't donate it, and I think Locks of Love is a great organization.

We haven't had a chance to style her new 'do yet, but here is the first picture of her with short hair. It's fun to see her hold her hair like she's trying to figure out where it went!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

HOLY COW!!! I can't believe it - who is more sad...mom or amy???

andrea said...

ohhhh mmmmyyyyy wooord! It is shocking. Amy's hair was so long.

Sara said...

Who's more sad? Brian

Anonymous said...

Sara...I think she looks like a big girls for sure. No more baby...100% Big Girl! It was great to talk yesterday. I am sorry the girls were screaming to me the entire time we tried to have a conversation. I love that you keep up you blog. It is fun to read.