James and I attended Scot's first band performance, FHIMA's Meet the Teacher Night @ the high school. The band teacher explained how the kids learn to play their different instruments and, then they performed a few songs. Some of you might have asked, "where are the earplugs?" but, as a mother of young (often wailing) children, I found the cacophony of the budding instrumentalists rather soothing. I can honestly keep encouraging Scot to continue practicing, although I rarely have to do more than remind him. He really enjoys it and using SmartMusic on the computer helps keep it fun.
Brian stayed home with the girls & Paul so they could get to bed early. Both Amy and Paul got shots today at their check-ups. Amy cried way more than Paul did--until she remembered about getting stickers. Even though I just wanted to hug and comfort her, I couldn't help laugh at her stilt-like walk to the car. She found that not bending her knees helped her thighs not hurt as much. Also, Paul may be banned from any future outings until he learns some self-control. (I would take any level of self-control, especially the not-flinging-yourself-in-and-out-of-the stroller-willy-nilly type or the pull-every-book-off-the-shelf-then-throw-it-at-you equivalent.)
Post Script: James' hightlight of the night was watching the pencil that was stuck in the ceiling tiles directly over Scot's head and hoping it would fall. ("You mean high schoolers would actually throw pencils at the ceiling??") 
If you look really close you can see the pencil. Sorry about the poor photography :( I know how important it is to get good pictures of ceiling pencils...oh, and your own children, of course.
1 comment:
I hope we can have a private concert at Thanksgiving. James, I'll see if I can get a pencil in the ceiling.
Post a Comment