
We had fun at the ward's Trunk or Treat party last night. We (I say we because it was a group effort to find everything) came as a elephant, candy corn, cheerleader, pirate, and spy. (Thank you Grandma Nielson for years of recyclable costumes!) The kids had fun playing games in the cultural hall. They packed in a full house!

While I helped the kids play, Brian set up our trunk for the treating. I didn't get a picture, but it turned out pretty good. We took our theme from Charlie Brown and invited the Great Pumpkin to visit our small pumpkin patch. Brian had the movie playing on his small projector screen. A red doghouse (that Maggie and I made that afternoon) with the flying baron Snoopy atop was on the ground. And the pumpkin patch was made from small pumpkins each of the kids decorated. I couldn't believe we barely had enough candy. It makes me nervous for having enough for the real night. We are used to only having 4-5 kids show up. Of course, we never complain having left over candy.

Amy showing her decorated pumpkin for the pumpkin patch.
3 comments:
cute costumes. The candy corn costume is adorable! We have our ward trunk or treat tomorrow, but our trunk will definitely not be as creative as yours! 5 kids and you still do it all!
The picture of the kids all together reminds me of a childhood picture when Brian and I were younger. I have a feeling I was a cheerleader that year. I may need to track it down. Why am I not surprised that Brian found a way to use his projector. Well done Brian.
quinn,
we learned long ago to not compare ourselves to Sara - she is just too much better. A good goal, but lofty:) Sara, way to go! everyone looks great!
Post a Comment