I think also the extra crying helped open his lungs, which he did whenever anyone tried to listen to his breathing, take a temperature, or look at him--not to mention the 5 or so minutes of wriggling & screaming when they gave him an albuteral treatment to make sure it wasn't asthma related. (You try keeping a breathing mask on a 27 lb. toddler.) His thumb got plenty of sucking; his blanket got plenty of hugging; he got plenty of mommy loving.
While we were waiting in the lobby he was intrigued by the paper snowflakes hanging from the ceiling. Pointing crookedly with his chubby finger, he smiled and said snowflake ("no-fake"). I was pretty sure he was saying snowflake, but he wouldn't do it on command, so I started questioning what I heard. Then today he said candycane "ghan gane" (I had witnesses this time--Scot & James). My son won't say one-syllable words like ball, mom, dad, cat, dog. Oh, no, he has to skip right to the multi-syllabic ones! Paul, what do we have in store with you?
1 comment:
Nothing scarier than a child who is having difficulty breathing! And I admire your attempts with the albuterol nebulizer..
Post a Comment