Saturday, November 21, 2009

Play Calling

So, this morning Paul dictated how he wanted his peanut butter sandwich-
Paul- (pointing to the top of the fridge) "Bread there dad-"
Paul- (making a book shape with his hands) "Fold like this dad-"

Never let it be said that he doesn't know what he wants.

Later, he was walking around with his hand in his pocket. Sara put her hand in her pocket. He objected and pulled her hand out. Of course, as a good dad, I immediately put my hand in my pocket. Paul responded with a very dejected look and came pouting over to me. I picked him up and we had the following conversation:

Me- "Listen little boy. After awhile, some things just become predictable. Like football teams shifting to a running offense because the weather has turned cold. You need to know that not only are you child #5, you come after 2 sisters, who were the queens of fake whining."

Paul- (immediately, and suddenly bright and happy) "Me ok now dad."

1 comment:

andrea said...

I love the reasoning with Paul and that he understood so quickly.