Monday, October 27, 2008

Following Up

I know I said the next few posts would be about Amy, but so much has happened this last week there may be a small flood of posts all about various events.

I did send Amy's hair today to Locks of Love. Everyone really likes her short cut, and she adores the attention. The only thing she misses so far is flipping her hair over so I can button her dresses. She does it anyway, and then realizing she doesn't have any hair to flip she bursts into giggles.

The girls and Paul helped pick out pumpkins today that we'll carve and decorate for Family Home Evening tonight. Paul helped get the insides of his pumpkin all mushy by dropping it repeatedly from the shopping cart.

Our neighborhood has the Halloween spirit. There are lots of fun decorations surrounding us, and the Phantom Ghost has been leaving treats mysteriously on front steps. So far we've been unsuccessful at catching the ghosts in the act, but they are usually not too bashful to share who they've visited with the school bus the next morning.

The scariest thing about our house is the dead plant beds in the front yard. That should be remedied soon (isn't the snow supposed to cover up that sort of stuff??). I'd be pulling the plants up today, except we're getting rain. I'm counting on the pumpkins to help with our fall decor.

And finally, Scot reminds you to trick or treat and smell his feet.

2 comments:

andrea said...

Scot- you can smell my feet and give me something good to eat.

Sara- Martha has some cool things for decorating at Halloween.

Sara said...

[scot] Mom typed the feet thing so I'll stick to treats Aunt Andrea