Our street, especially in front of our house, was so crazy this morning. Water Works came to fill in the concrete they tore out yesterday to fix the water leak, plus the tree cutters came to finish taking down our neighbor's trees that were injured in the storm. Luckily the windshield I had ordered for Brian's car didn't arrive until this afternoon because I'm not sure the school bus could have manoeuvred past all the vehicles and workers.
I didn't have time to watch the school bus anyway. I had to get Paul and Amy over to a friend's house so I could volunteer in Maggie's class for a couple hours. It was really fun watching all the organized craziness of kindergarten. Maggie has a great teacher who seems to really know the ropes. My favorite activity was "Hickedy Pickedy Bumble Bee, Won't You Say Your Name for Me?" I'd never heard that rhyme before. After the person says their name, you repeat their name 4 times: repeating, w/clapping, whispering, then just clapping the syllables. It was really cute. When it was Maggie's turn she got all shy and could only whisper her name. I guess I didn't need to worry that she would be way too talkative!
1 comment:
That sounds like a great name game. Who knew Maggie was so shy. I can't blame the girl sometimes stage freight gets the better of us.
Post a Comment