Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Primary Program 2008

This past Sunday our primary gave their annual Sacrament Meeting Presentation. What a privilege it has been to be the primary pianist here in our new ward. I love listening to the lessons and inspired songs each Sunday. It is amazing what our young children know about the Gospel.
The kids all did great, of course. I made minimal mistakes (phew!). Scot was a part of the group that began the program with "I am a Child of God" on wind chimes. Two other highlights were Maggie's singing and the final song. She has a great gift for lyrics. Sometimes she'll only hear a song only once or twice and she'll be able to sing the whole thing. Amy is the same way; I'm amazed at all the songs they both know (including verses and verses of "Follow the Prophet"). For the program Maggie worked really hard on singing her best (translated: her loudest). She wanted her daddy to hear her, all the way in the back. Brian says she succeeded.
The final song was "I'm Trying to be Like Jesus". The primary sang the 1st verse, and the congregation joined on the 2nd. It was overwhelming to hear everyone singing such a beautiful, simple song about following Jesus. I had to remind myself to keep playing. Now I have a whole year to practice playing without crying.

1 comment:

andrea said...

I wish is was appropriate to record primary programs. We also had ours this week and enjoyed the kids very much. It would have been fun to hear Maggie sing.