Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Archives

Finding that picture of me playing in the flour made me thumb through my baby book--a precious collection of pictures, certificates, and journal entries that was lovingly made by mother. My mom, of course, will tell you it's not terribly terrific, and in fact, many of the fill-in-the-blank entries are blank and some of the pictures are not of me. I don't really care about the imperfections, I just care that my mom put it together for me. It is one possession that has always made me feel special, and it is one thing that I've always hoped to create for my own kids. So far I'm only 2 for 5, but I haven't given up yet (hopefully they haven't either). I guess what James taught in Family Home Evening this last Monday about fighting our Goliaths is true. Goliath just doesn't fall down, you have to prepare and actually do something.

Looking through my treasures I found this newletter I created around my 3rd grade year--I was probably 8 or 9 years old. Not too dissimilar from the newpapers the kids created earlier this year. Mine, however, was named "Thornton News," not their catchy title, "The Daily [or Weekly] Kids" and mine was typed, yes, on a typewriter. It's nice to know that the acorns don't fall too far from the tree (at least at this point--I'm sure I'll take that back sometime in the future).

Posted by Picasa

No comments: