Sunday, January 18, 2009

James' Baptism Memories

I was baptized a year and a half ago. I remember feeling warm inside and very happy. I was not nervous, but so excited because I’d seen my older brother, Scot, get baptized. I’m going to tell you a few things about my baptism day so you can be excited about your baptism too.


My baptism day started out just like any other Saturday. I woke up, had breakfast, and then went to my soccer game. But this Saturday was different because half way through the game I had to leave to get ready to go to the church.


At the church I was surrounded by many friends and family. Waiting for the meeting to begin, I sat in the front row with my dad. Looking behind me I saw my grandmas and grandpa, aunts & uncles, my mom and brothers and sisters, plus my very good church friends.


One of my friend’s birthdays is close to mine. His name is Wyatt and he was baptized the same day. He also had lots of family there. The room was full of people dressed up in their Sunday clothes. Wyatt and I were dressed in white clothes, just like our dads.


Our family members gave talks and sang songs and then it was time to be baptized. Walking into the font I was surprised that the water was a little cold. I hope you have warmer water!


When I was confirmed and received the Holy Ghost I had a really good happy feeling. I bet it was the same kind of feeling I had when I first came to earth. I was happy because I was following Heavenly Father’s plan for me. I know when you get baptized you’ll be following Heavenly Father’s plan for you.


by James

No comments: