It was also wonderful to share this weekend with the Hunters & their baptism and blessing. It added another ribbon woven into a life-long friendship for James & Wyatt and both our families. In addition, we (and by "we" I mean "I") especially felt love all around. Not only from family, which meant so much, but also incredible families who have influenced our family (and by "family" I mean "me"): the Bertoldos, the Wilkinsons, the Reagans, the Marbles, the Davis's...(I'm sure I'm missing some). Being hundreds of miles away makes me miss their inspiration all the more.
For the program, Wyatt's grandpa sang & played the guitar, David spoke on the Holy Ghost, my mom led the music, etc. And James started his 8 year old life clean and pure--a whole week's worth of accountability before becoming a member of the church.
I'm posting a few of the pictures that we had on our camera from that weekend, but if anyone has a picture of the whole group after church that Sunday I'd appreciate a copy! James' talk is the above post, obviously. We wrote it together: he told me about things he remembered and felt & I wrote it into a talk. He delivered it well--paused at just the right moment to get the laugh:) Can't you just hear him giving it?
Maybe this post will help you remember your own baptism. Mine being so long ago (lol), it's a little hard to remember the details, but the feelings never quite go away. I know mine haven't, but they have grown deeper watching my two sons baptized.
No comments:
Post a Comment