Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Green

James finished his initial knitting project: a green blanket for Paul. Very soft & snuggly. In fact, today while I was visiting teaching, Paul snuggled up to a croqueted blanket on the sister's couch. He knew it was for snuggling! James has been bitten with the knitting bug. He began the new color this morning and already has over a foot.
The bulbs just keep growing & now I can see where the flowers will be blooming. Very fun to see bundles of green all over the front plant beds. Little by little, I've been weeding out the old stuff & weeds. I obviously haven't made it over to this area yet. :)


I bet you never knew our Irish roots were so strong:



Maggie made these ears at school, but notice how perfectly they fit Paul, especially his personality. The mystery is solved! We enjoyed shamrock shaped pancakes for breakfast, and currently, the smell of corned beef is wafting through the house. Time to go add the potatoes.

Happy St. Patrick's Day! We'll be enjoying the green as long as it lasts.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

andrea said...

The ears so fit Paul...he looks like he belongs on a spaceship or on some planet waiting to be beamed up.

James, nice job on the knitting. It is inspiring me to pick up my needles again and help Aunt Caren finish her blanket.