--Paul in his first pair of sneakers, which we got at the Stride Rite factory outlet. We went there (the Jefferson outlet mall) last week to get a few school clothes, shoes, and hang out with Heidi & her kids. We had a fun time, but it's probably not a trip we'll make too often--great stores, long drive. The kids had the most fun on the huge playset which we visited after every 3rd store. Maggie will definitely be a shopper. "Oh, Mom, this is so cute!" was her first reaction in every kids clothing store. James kept trying to sneak shoes into the pile, but they weren't shoes for him. They were Paul-sized and, I agreed, each pair was adorable. During the shoe sneaking, Amy found a pair of pink ballet flats. I almost broke down on that one since she found them herself and modeled for everyone. In all, everyone got what they needed (emphasis on need), and I discovered a beautiful violin concerto which I'd never heard before, "The Butterfly Lovers." It's my new favorite classical work.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
--Paul in his first pair of sneakers, which we got at the Stride Rite factory outlet. We went there (the Jefferson outlet mall) last week to get a few school clothes, shoes, and hang out with Heidi & her kids. We had a fun time, but it's probably not a trip we'll make too often--great stores, long drive. The kids had the most fun on the huge playset which we visited after every 3rd store. Maggie will definitely be a shopper. "Oh, Mom, this is so cute!" was her first reaction in every kids clothing store. James kept trying to sneak shoes into the pile, but they weren't shoes for him. They were Paul-sized and, I agreed, each pair was adorable. During the shoe sneaking, Amy found a pair of pink ballet flats. I almost broke down on that one since she found them herself and modeled for everyone. In all, everyone got what they needed (emphasis on need), and I discovered a beautiful violin concerto which I'd never heard before, "The Butterfly Lovers." It's my new favorite classical work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment